Please remove my name from your email list.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jacob Kjome
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 11:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: New context in server.xml prevents war unpacking (TC 4.1.12)

Unfortunately, this is expected behavior.  There is a bug about it at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/ if you want to search for it.  The docs
mention this as the expected behavior, but don't give a reason why it
should be that way.

Basically, if you name a <Context ....> element, you will have to make sure
you expand the .war yourself before starting Tomcat.

Any Tomcat developers want to pipe in and explain why the behavior is this way?

Jake