I've read the list archives and I'm aware of the security "issue", but I
still want to switch from HTTPS to HTTP.

Yes, I know someone could hijack the session.  We're not worried about
that; at worst someone could make some obnoxious posts to a forum.  We
force users to submit their password a second time (and go into SSL, of
course) whenever anything sensitive is touched, such as passwords or
credit card info.

We get a _lot_ of traffic.  Running everything under SSL is not really
an option.  Can Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk be made to handle the switch?  In
our current configuration, it appears that the session is getting lost
in the transition from HTTPS->HTTP so the user is forced to log in
again.

Thanks,
Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]