Here is a simple explaination of what happens when you call one of the sites: apon entry a directory is called to set up the pages in frames, this directory contains the index page but has no content. The index page contains code that calls files in other directories to add menu items, those files call content pages. So, it take 3 directories in my webapps to make the site. I have authority to change only the content and individual menu items, not to change the code.

I would very much like to make the sites searchable. And, I have no doubt that the individual pages can be crawled, my concern is how everything will be put back together. So, I was thinking that adding a robot directive could help solve my problem but, where do I put it? I am not supposed to change things in the directory containing the original index page. I was thinking that I could make a mock index page that would contain meta tags and a simple redirect to call the entire homepage and disallow indexing of the code directory.

Michele
....I am new to this, please excuse my simplicity, I am not a programmer, just a webmaster muddling through. And the other guy was right, it is model-view-controller...I had searched Sun, they really don't explain how a spider would handle this kind of site.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cel.: (51)91287530