On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, John Mattos wrote:

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:00:56 -0800 (PST)
> From: John Mattos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Setting up an environment variable in Tomcat 4.1
>

> So how would I set up "indemand.env" as a system property? Also, yes, that's how I'm
>gettng it in code.

Same way you set system property values for any other Java application -
include them on the command line that starts Tomcat.  You can do that by
defining an environment variable named CATALINA_OPTS that contains the
command line options you want to pass to the JVM.

    set CATALINA_OPTS="-Dindemand.env=..."

Note that this is global to all webapps, and you'll need to restart Tomcat
in order to change it.

Craig