   From: Craig R. McClanahan
   Subject: Re: Setting up an environment variable in Tomcat 4.1
   Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:06:13 -0800

---------------------------------

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, John Mattos wrote:> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:00:56 -0800 (PST)>
From: John Mattos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Reply-To: Tomcat Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Tomcat Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: Re: Setting up an environment variable in
Tomcat 4.1>>> So how would I set up "indemand.env" as a system property? Also, yes,
that's how I'm >gettng it in code.Same way you set system property values for any
other Java application -include them on the command line that starts Tomcat.  You can
do that bydefining an environment variable named CATALINA_OPTS that contains
thecommand line options you want to pass to the JVM.    set
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dindemand.env=..."Note that this is global to all webapps, and you'll
need to restart Tomcatin order to change it.Craig--To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe&#X0040;jakarta.apache.org>For additional commands,
e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help&#X0040;jakarta.apache.org>