Madere, Colin wrote:

The docs at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html
dont' quite seem to cover everything (you know what I mean).  I build with
the "--enable-jni" since it is suggested for Apache 2.0 and I get a
"jk_jnicb.so" but I don't get a "mod_jk.so" as the documentation suggests.
Is it correct behavior that a "mod_jk.so" NOT get built when using that
build option?  If so, would help if that was noted in docs.
I faced the same behaviour. I went to the directory jk/native/apache-2.0/ and found a target "mod_jk.so" in Makefile.
So just type "make mod_jk.so" and you'll get it.

But yes, it is a bug, and it should be reported.