From: Bill Barker [mailto:res0ob23@;verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 12:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mod_jk build problems

I'm a Apache 1.3.x user, but have always had problems with the mod_jk
Makefiles for Solaris.  At least with the older versions of mod_jk, I could
hack the linux version and change some paths :-(.  If you get it working,
please post a patch to bugzilla for the benefit of the rest of us.

The "--enable-jni" is only useful if you want the jni-channel.  Since the
default MPM for Solaris is "prefork", this is nearly useless.  Unless you've
compiled Apache with the "worker" MPM, and want to try out the jni-channel,
I'd forget about this option.