Hi,

 I have hit a very interesting problem with precompilation of jsp files
using the jspc.bat which is distributed with Tomcat.

 In trying to precompile a jsp that includes the 'pound' character (£),
jspc.bat generates a .java file which prefixes the 'pound' character with an
'A-circumflex' character (Â).  This happens consistently, despite using very
minimal jsp content.

E.g. the following jsp code:

                        £

... produces:

Just in case it's relevant, I called jsp with the following parameters:

C:\Tomcat_Home\bin\jspc.bat -d C:\temp\jspctest -p jsp -webinc
C:\temp\Jsp_Home\WEB-INF\theXML.xml -webapp C:\temp\Jsp_Home

Please help!