Hi

I am trying to get tomcat to work but unfortunately I am not getting far.

Tomcat version is 4.1.12

I have created a directory under webapps called phpserver. This directory is intended
to serve php pages using php as a servlet from an NT 4.0 machine. I will go onto that
once I have the basic config up and running.

I've written a web.xml file and put it under phpserver\WEB-INF:

<web-app>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>php</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>net.php.servlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>helloworld</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>php</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.php</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>helloworld</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/phpserver</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

I've added the following context to the default server.xml under conf\:

<Context path="/phpserver" docBase="phpserver"
debug="99" reloadable="true" crossContext="false">
  <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" verbosity="4"
             prefix="phpserver_log." suffix=".txt"
          timestamp="true"/>

I copied the example HelloWorldExample.class across to the directorty
\webapps\phpserver\WEB-INF\classes and restarted tomcat.

I then entered the URL http://localhost/phpserver/servlet/HelloWorldExample into my
browser but I get a 404 resource not found.

%TOMCAT_HOME%, %JAVA_HOME% and %CATALINA_HOME% are to my knowledge all correct.

I've tried permutations on a theme for the entries in server.xml and web.xml (under
phpserver\WEB-INF) but I've hit a brick wall here. I have read many docs (official and
not official) and have learnt a lot but somewhere I'm missing something obvisous.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue??

Thanks

Ben