George,

This is a non-SSL secure connector that is fronted by an SSL hardware. This
means
that Tomcat is seeing the traffic as plain HTTP. The packet data we traced
was to
the Tomcat server itself, so the SSL hardware seems to have been eliminated
from
the equation. The connector is set to "https" and "secure" so that Tomcat
servlets know they are served in a secure context.

Randy Watler
Finali Corporation