For number 1, you don't need to do anything, nor do you need any special JAR
files or other libraries.

Excel understands HTML just fine.  TR = Excel row, TD = Excel column.

All you have to do is set the correct content type in your JSP page so that
the client browser knows to send the response to Excel instead of trying to
render it as HTML.  Consult Google for the correct Excel MIME type, I don't
remember it.

So, the only difference in your JSP page is to 1) make sure you set the
content type header, and 2) make sure you set the content type header before
any other sort of output is generated.  Then just generate your table.

John