Craig makes a valid point.

I should further qualify my answer however and say I was only "seconding" the original
reply noting sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver may be the only option for MS-Access. (I
can't think of any others off the top of my head and had to see what the books were
saying on the topic.)

/DB Programming the JDBC and Java/ points some of Craig's notes out in detail, which I
should have noted. I just felt the answering question on the choice of a backend data
store was a bit off topic for the list. I do agree that MS-Access has very little
place in enterprise web applications (let our Micros~1 advocates vehemently protest
that statement). Both sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver and MS-Access are poor choices in
any environment other than a learning/tutorial/academic one.

Tim