Hello!

Is there anyone out there?

I have tried twice to subscribe to this mailing list and I have not received
ANY traffic from it.  Meanwhile I keep having problems with Tomcat not being
able to find my setter methods for attributes.

I cannot get Tomcat to accept tag classes where the setter method is
implemented in a base class.  I have to put the setter method into every
derived class, which sort of defeats the point.  However now I have run into
a situation where even that does not work.

I have an attribute "maxRows".  According to my reading of the documentation
that says the setter method should be "setMaxRows".  But I have such a
method and I am still getting the "Unable to find setter method for
attribute: maxRows" error message.

This is with Tomcat 4.0.3.

The relevant line in the .jsp is:

 <census:subdivq lang="EN" maxRows="999">

The tag definition in the TLD is:

  <tag>
    <name>subdivq</name>
    <tagclass>Census.tags.QuerySubDivTag</tagclass>
    <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
    <info>Performs a query of the census subdivision table based upon the
 parameters supplied in the request URL</info>
    <attribute>
      <!-- this attribute indicates the language to be used for text
    displayed to the user -->
      <name>lang</name>
      <required>false</required>
    </attribute>
    <attribute>
      <!-- this attribute indicates the maximum number of rows to
display -->
      <name>maxRows</name>
      <required>false</required>
    </attribute>
  </tag>

The class contains the definition:

public class QuerySubDivTag extends QueryTag
{
  public void setMaxRows(String repeats)
  {
    super.setMaxRows(repeats);