Well, they are pretty significant.  3.3.x (at least until the
yet-to-be-released 3.3.2) stand-alone ignores HTTP/1.1 headers on the
request.  Even 3.3.2 will ignore the "partial-request" that Adobe is so fond
of issuing for a pdf (which is it's right under the HTTP/1.1 spec, even if
it is not the recomended behavior).

At a guess, your servlet can't handle Adobe's "partial-request" statements,
and is getting confused when Adobe issues multiple request for the same
document.

"Hugo Villeneuve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I was surprise how easy it was moving from tomcat 3.3 to 4.1. Except for
> something, pdf files. I generate dynamically pdf file Inside a Struts
> Action.
>
> I took me a while to figure out how to pop the Adobe reader inside MSIE 5
> browser by tweaking to response header (header key like
Content-Disposition,