<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My situation is complicated because JBoss deploys my webapp afresh every
> time TomCat is started and there is no fixed path to my webapp directory,
> so any persistent soap deployment info there is lost when the server
> is restarted. To counteract this, I put the following in my web.xml:-

That's interesting, thanks.

I've also had a problem using SOAP within tomcat. I haven't been able to
find a way to share the service class files across contexts. In other words,
the service class files are used by SOAP to deliver the service, but because
of the way the tomcat class loader works, I can only get SOAP to load
them properly when they are under the SOAP webapp's WEB-INF directory.

If I put them up in tomcat's common/lib, I get the "Unable to resolve target
object" error when SOAP is trying to initialize the service.

With tomcat 3 I could simply append to the CLASSPATH, but, of course, that
doesn't work in tomcat 4. The workaround I've put in place is to copy the
service class files into the SOAP context when I start tomcat. Has anyone
else run into this problem?