I'd like for a request to "<webapp>/en/Folder/File" to be mapped to
"<webapp>/Folder/File" but with a parameter 'lang' set to 'en'.
Likewise, a request to "<webapp>/fr/Folder/File" to be mapped to
"<webapp>/Folder/File" but with a parameter 'lang' set to 'fr'.
Is this possible with Filters?
If not, is there any way to accomplish this within Tomcat so that it works for any
number of directories and subdirectories. The reason I want to do this is to avoid
copying/pasting an entire sitemap to support a second language - I know that some
people create a site in English then copy/paste the directory tree to support a second
language but this is not scalable and difficult to maintain.
Other mechanisms I've looked at are Apache rewrite rules but they're very complicated.

Any and all help much appreciated. Thank you.
Stephen.