Does Tomcat 4.1.12 need more file handlers or available threads when
starting than tomcat 3.2.4?

When upgrading from tomcat 3.2.4 to tomcat 4.1.12, I get a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread exception
when trying to start.

The configuration is the exact same as with tomcat 3.2.4.  There are about
160 hosts with the "" context and two others for each host.  With tomcat
3.2.4, it seemed that it needed about one thread for each host and context,
but Craig said this is not the case.

So...do I need to have more available file handlers for each host and
context I have configured within server.xml for tomcat 4.1.12?

Thanks!

Brandon