The change is in server.xml, not in httpd.conf.

Change the Context path to path="" instead of "path=/rishop".

Then delete "/rishop" from all of your JkMounts.

John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am running tomcat 4.1x with apache 1.3.27 with modssl on redhat linux
8.0.  My setup
works fine functionally although I would like to make a mod.  I have  a
domain name mapped to a webapps directory.  To access the jsp pages I have
to got to www.mydomain.com/webappsdirectory/jsppage.  I want to be able to
go to it like www.mydomain.com/jsppage.  Here is the pertaining piece of
my httpd.conf with the tomcat conf stuff.  The context is "rishop".  I
have tried changing document root to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rishop but
then it just brings up the jsp pages at documents and tomcat doesn't
process them.  I have tried changing the alias to alias /
"/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rishop"  but that doesn't seem to work either.
Help?

-Ryan

NameVirtualHost 66.224.113.36
<VirtualHost 66.224.113.36>
ServerName www.mydomain.com
#ServerName 66.224.113.36
DocumentRoot "/home/httpd/html"
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/rishop_log
</VirtualHost>

VirtualHost _default_:443>

# General setup for the virtual host

DocumentRoot "/home/httpd/html" ServerName www.mydomain.com # when i get domain ServerName www.mydomain.com ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rishop">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

Alias /rishop "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/rishop"

    # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
    #
    <Location "/rishop/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/rishop/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    JkMount /rishop/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check  ajp13
    JkMount /rishop/snoop  ajp13
    JkMount /rishop/servlet/*  ajp13
    JkMount /rishop/CompressionTest  ajp13
    JkMount /rishop/*.jsp  ajp13