Luca,

I have finally got IIS 5.0 working with Tomcat 4.1.12 using JK2! It was not
an easy task mind you, it seems that v2.0.2 of the isapi_redirector is
completely broken. I tried for about three days, but could not get v2.0.2 of
the ISAPI Filter to successfully load. Try v2.0.1 instead, the pre-built
version can be found at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.
1/bin/win32/isapi_redirector2.dll, it works for me.

I still have not yet been able to determine how to configure the location of
the log file, and there does not seem to be a default log file written
anywhere in $TOMCAT_HOME/logs either. Can anyone shed any light on this?

You seem to be on track with your configuration. I have included my
properties files and a script that will update the Registry (be sure to
update it with your $TOMCAT_HOME).

Firstly, apply the registry settings in the isapi_redirector.reg file below.
Then you need to add  isapi_redirector2.dll as an ISAPI Filter using the
Internet Services Manager console. Right click on your computer name, select
properties, select WWW Service, go to the ISAPI filters tab, and Add a new
filter. The filter name should be something like 'jakarta' (I don't think it
matters), and the enter the full path to the isapi_redirector.dll for the
Executable. (I have has allot more luck setting the ISAPI filter in the
Master WWW Service, rather than in the Default Web Site)

Once you have completed this setup you _must_ restart the IIS Service by
right clicking on the computer name, and selecting IIS Restart... Once the
service has restarted start the Default Web Site, then check the ISAPI
Filters again to see if the filter loaded correctly (it should have a green
arrow). Once you have a green arrow you should be on your way.

#--------------------------------------
# C:\tomcat\conf\workers2.properties
#--------------------------------------
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Forwarding over socket connection to local tomcat instance.
host=localhost
port=8009

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 worker, connects to tomcat instance using AJP 1.3 protocol.
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/examples/jsp/*.jsp]
info=JSP examples
context=/examples/jsp

#--------------------------------------
# C:\tomcat\conf\jk2.properties
#--------------------------------------
# also empty

#--------------------------------------
# isapi_redirector2.reg
#--------------------------------------
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="C:\\tomcat"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"logLevel"="DEBUG"
"workersFile"="C:\\tomcat\\conf\\workers2.properties"

Good luck.

Regards,
Warner