Hi John,
Thank you for your suggestions. I have gone through and implemented your
suggestions but I still gets the same 405 method not allowed
error(https://scds.safeguardproperties.com/jspellhtml/test.html). Could you
please little bit more time and give me further suggestion.
I now enabled tomcat standalone HTTP connector and the jspellhtml
application is working stand alone. You can see here
http://u10-2:8090/jspellhtml/test.html
More info: I tried like this:
1) you're missing a Host element in server.xml for
scds.safeguardproperties.com.---implemented it.

      <!-- Define the default virtual host -->^M
      <Host name="scds.safeguardproperties.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="t
rue">^M
_____________________________
2) you're missing a Conext element for /jspellhtml (or whatever URL will be
used to reach the app)---Could you please tell me where to implement.
I have symbolic link setup at apache doc. root though (at
/var/apache/htdocs.)
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         36 Nov  7 18:19 jspellhtml ->
/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/jspellhtml

3) Apache virtual host for scds.safeguardproperties.com ---already setup
#
<VirtualHost 10.10.1.101:443>
DocumentRoot /var/apache/htdocs
ServerName scds.safeguardproperties.com
#ServerName cdidev.safeguardproperties.com
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/1.3.22-1/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/1.3.22-1/conf/ssl.key/server.key
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /jspellhtml/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

4) a JkMount in that Apache virtual host for /jspellhtml---done it in
httpd.conf
JkMount /jspellhtml/* ajp13
5. I could not restart apache server as it is in production. Do I have to
restart apache to implement the change done in 4.

6. Please help me solving this problem.
thanks,
Anup