Yes, you need to restart Apache.  You can use the 'graceful' option of
apachectl, and Apache will reread it's configuration nicely after waiting
for all open requests to be finished:

/some/path/to/apache/bin/apachectl graceful

For the Context element, you would want that within/under the Host element
for scds.safeguardproperties.com.

Tomcat's Host = Apache's VirtualHost/ServerName
Tomcat's Context = roughly similar to Apache's DocumentRoot

HTH

John

https://scds.safeguardproperties.com/jspellhtml/test.html  ---with