one question?

your tomcat does run more than a day, so i assume that he is a production
system.

memory leak in javac is only affected, if you compile a jsp page.
so?
how many times, you change your jsp pages?
if you don't change them, and memory usage increase.
it is possible a memory leak in your application.

here a simply howto to use jikes.

1. Install jikes
2. Changing conf/web.xml to following:
  <!-- If you wish to use Jikes to compile JSP pages:                     -->
  <!--   Set the init parameter "compiler" to "jikes".  Define             -->
  <!--   the property "-Dbuild.compiler.emacs=true" when starting Tomcat    --
  <!--   by adding the above to your CATALINA_OPTS environment variable.    --
  <!--   If you get an error reporting that jikes can't use UTF8 encoding, -->
  <!--   try setting the init parameter "javaEncoding" to "ISO-8859-1".    -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>compiler</param-name>
            <param-value>jikes</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
3. Define  build.compiler as above noted
4. Setting a env variable named BOOTCLASSPATH to jre/lib/rt.jar

cu Torsten fohrer