I can't see anything wrong at the first glance.

Some recommendations:

Try to use
do_submit_popup(<%= response.encodeUrl("Action") %>, 'foo', 'bar' );

instead of generating the encoded url in do_submit_popup.

Print out the requested sessionId to see if it is the same
as the one that was used to create the window.