Sumit,

i am not trying to get into an argument and plus i haven't dealt with 4.1.12 (i checked both 4.0.6 and 4.1.18). The only difference is that i am talking about running tomcat as an NT service and if your System.out File and System.err File values are set in the service properties in the registry (they are there by default) then all of the System.err and System.out output is logged in the appropriate file. Again, i am not sure about non-NT service.
cheers
Vlad

At 09:31 AM 12/31/2002, you wrote:
Vlad,
 Unfortunately no. The output from System.err doesnt get logged not with
Tomcat4.1.12. I had run in the same problem a couple of days before and the
only alternative was to install cygwin and redirect the output to a file.
Sumit

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimer Shioshvili [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 8:37 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Console output in Tomcat

Raj,

This is what happens with Windows (i am not sure how is it in Linux
environment). If using tomcat as a service, output goes to a log file
stdout.log (it's defined by default in the service configuration) located
in %tomcat_home%\logs folder. Along with that you will find sterr.log that
has System.err.out(..) output.

Vlad
At 01:15 PM 12/31/2002 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>When I used Java Web Server, it ran in the console, and if I had a
>statement like System.out.println(someValue) in my servlet, I was able to
>see the output on the console. Where does all this output go in Tomcat? I
>am not able to see anything printed by System.out.println().
>Thanks,
>Raj
>
>--
Vladimer Shioshvili

QRC Division of Macro International Inc.
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 400W
Bethesda, MD 20814

Phone: (301) 657 3077 ext. 155