Denise,

Thanks for the response. I got it to work by pulling
the bean out into it's own class file. I'm just trying
to understand this example from a tutorial I'm going
through. It works on their site. However, I'm not sure
which app server they are using.

-jeff
--- Denise Mangano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> My apologies... I just re-read your post, and it
> looks like you actually
> want to define your bean within your JSP page... I
> do not think this is
> possible.  I would imagine not because from what I
> understand the bean is an
> actual class file, which would not be created in
> your scenario.  Then again,
> I could be wrong... However, the scenario I gave
> works.
>
> HTH
> Denise

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav