Howdy,
Your context constructor?  What's that?  Last I checked,
javax.servlet.ServletContext was an interface, and the container
provides an implementation.

If you want to tie into the context lifecycle, which is a very valid
design, use a ServletContextListener implementation.  The context
parameters are available in that listener's contextInitialized() method.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

167)
>at polaris.servlet.PolarisContext.<init>(PolarisContext.java:54)
>at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
>at
>sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructor
Acce
>ssorImpl.java:39)
>at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCon
stru
>ctorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:296)
>at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
>java:902)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:821)
>at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.
java
>:3420)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
>608)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
>)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
>97)
>at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
>9)
>at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>at
>java:39)
>at
>sorImpl.java:25)
>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>The only thing I can think of is that the context-param isn't
accessable
>  until after the context constructor is finished. Which makes it not
>very helpfull for me.
>
>If anyone has another way of doing this without putting it into a
>properties file I'm interested.
>
>(The whole point of this is we're trying to migrate our properties to
DB