Hi.

Servlet spec 2.3 says (section 2.3.4, 'End of Service'): "...Before the
servlet container calls the destroy method, it must allow any threads that
are currently running in the service method of the servlet to complete
execution, or exceed a server defined time limit".

Questions:
  1. Is Tomcat's behavior on this point user-configurable (and if so
  how)?
  2. If it's not, I'd appreciate any pointers to information about
  exactly how Tomcat handles this.

[...On re-reading this passage from the servlets spec, I realize that
"any threads that are currently running in the service method" is murky to
me. Is this supposed to be more restrictive than "any threads that have
ever been started by the servlet instance (including during init()) and
that are still running"?]

Thanks much,

Mark

Mark Francillon