I am trying to configure a custom error page for 404 errors in the web.xml
file under \jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\conf
and I keep getting the following exception:

ERROR [main] (Digester.java:1038) - End event threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(MethodUtils.java:216)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.CallMethodRule.end(CallMethodRule.java:491)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1036)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.jav
a:579)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.java
:646)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValidator.
java:1972)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:8
78)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(XMLDo
cumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1144)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocu
mentFragmentScannerImpl.java:987)

this is what I have at the end of the web.xml file

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

  <error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    <location>/errors/errorPage.html</location>
  </error-page>

</web-app>