On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, David Keyes wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:27:24 -0500
> From: David Keyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Resources for a Context
>
> I am confused about what exactly <Resource> entries are supposed to accomplish in
>Tomcat.  I have the following entry in my server.xml file for Tomcat 4.0.6:
>
> <Context path="/myapp" docBase="C:/test/">
>   <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
>docBase="c:/dev/proj1/web" />
>   <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
>docBase="c:/dev/proj2/web" />
> </Context>

In general, you should never mess with the <Resources> element at all --
Tomcat's defaults will work fine unless you have to do something really
crazy.  And, of course, even if you *are* that crazy :-), having two of
these is going to fail miserably anyway, since there's only one
"resources" property on a Context.

Craig