From: Lorenti, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 2:26 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter

Hi again,
This is the first install of Tomcat on this server (done about a month ago),
and it is not presently running any jsp applications save the examples.
I've set up a few contexts, but they're empty right now (except for this
TestFilter in the /ws context), so I suspect the install is pretty clean.  I
too was curious about whether or not the servlet.jar was the correct
version, so I listed the jar's table of contents and saw that the
javax.servlet.Filter was present (so I'm guessing this is the 2.3 jar -
dated 09/23/2002).

Thanks again for you input.
-John