Hello friends,
I have configured Apache 2.0.43 to run with tomcat 4.1.12 without a hitch except for
SSL/https.
When I place an SSLrequireSSL in the <Location> tag of the servlet area that I am
trying to enable ( lets say the /admin provided by Tomcat ) I get the URL changing to
http://(servername):443/admin when I try an https connection.
Is there something I have to change in Tomcat (maybe server.xml) to enable this
communication to take place.

In Tomcat 3.2.2 with apache 1.3.x this worked fine as I only placed basic
authentication for the servlet zones and it understood that that was SSL somehow. What
am I missing. I also tried to place the include directive in the virtual host of the
SSL port but that did not even resolve the servlets and gave me internal error.
Any one have a quick clue. Or a document link I can read.
Thanks for all your help
Mohamed Nasser.