Thanks, Vim.

I read that page.

However, the web.xml you pasted here says

"You may define any number of servlet mappings,
including zero.It is also legal to define more than
one mapping for the same servlet, if you wish to."

That means it is not necessary to map each servlet I
have in my web application right?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/deployment.html

http://localhost:8080/{context-path}/servlet/{classname}

>          but this usage is not guaranteed to be
> portable.  It also
>          makes relative references to images and
> other
> resources
>          required by your servlet more complicated,
> so
> defining
>          all of your servlets (and defining a
> mapping
> to them with
>          a servlet-mapping element) is recommended.
>
>          Servlet initialization parameters can be
> retrieved in a
>          servlet or JSP page by calling:
>
>              String value =
>
> getServletConfig().getInitParameter("name");
>
>          where "name" matches the <param-name>
> element
> of
>          one of these initialization parameters.
>
>          You can define any number of servlets,
> including zero.
>     -->
>
>     <servlet>
>       <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>
>       <description>
>         This servlet plays the "controller" role in
> the MVC architecture
>         used in this application.  It is generally
> mapped to the ".do"
>         filename extension with a <servlet-mapping>
> element, and all form
>         submits in the app will be submitted to a
> request URI like
>         "saveCustomer.do", which will therefore be
> mapped to this servlet.
>
>         The initialization parameter namess for this
> servlet are the
>         "servlet path" that will be received by this
> servlet (after the
>         filename extension is removed).  The
> corresponding value is the
>         name of the action class that will be used
> process this request.
>       </description>

<servlet-class>com.mycompany.mypackage.ControllerServlet</servlet-class>
>       <init-param>
>         <param-name>listOrders</param-name>

<param-value>com.mycompany.myactions.ListOrdersAction</param-value>
>       </init-param>
>       <init-param>
>         <param-name>saveCustomer</param-name>

<param-value>com.mycompany.myactions.SaveCustomerAction</param-value>
>       </init-param>
>       <!-- Load this servlet at server startup time
> -->
>       <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
>     </servlet>
>
>     <servlet>
>       <servlet-name>graph</servlet-name>
>       <description>
>         This servlet produces GIF images that are
> dynamically generated
>         graphs, based on the input parameters
> included
> on the request.
>         It is generally mapped to a specific request
> URI like "/graph".
>       </description>
>     </servlet>
>

>     <!-- Define mappings that are used by the
> servlet
> container to
>          translate a particular request URI
> (context-relative) to a