From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 11:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Re: RE: JSP's in other directories

Not sure about windows, so I'll use what i know in solaris. In solaris
you can do the following (using your file paths):

httpd.conf (apache)
Alias /test "c:\cisc\site"
JkMount /test/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /test/servlet/* ajp13

server.xml (tomcat)
<Context path="/test"
docBase="c:\cisc\site"
debug="1"
reloadable="true">
</Context>

edit your tomcat's web.xml to either enable the invoker servlet (not
recommended) or specifically specify the mapping in your web-
application's web.xml

then in c:\cisc\site you can create a WEB-INF folder and stick in your
classes, libs etc. you can then create a sample web.xml here

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.2//EN
" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd";>
<web-app>
  <servlet>
     <servlet-name>Test</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>my.class.test</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  [...more...]
</web-app>

and so you'll end up with
c:\cisc\site\WEB-INF\classes\my\class\test.class

which you should be able to reference in a jsp page that you save in
c:\cisc\site\test.jsp

test.jsp
<%@page import="my.class.*"%>
<% String str="me"; %><h1>Hello <%=me%></h1>

and you should be able to create a jsp page (assuming you got apache
to talk to tomcat directly--if not consult John Turner's excellent
tutorial--pls search archives)

http://localhost/test/mytest.jsp

HTH

Jan-Michael
(might be some syntax errors ^_^ ..but hopefully you get the picture)