From: Aaron Bennett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 3:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi,

I've just installed Tomcat 4.18 on my Windows 2KP machine and am having
trouble using my java beans in my application.  I continually receive the
error:

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Tomcat4\work\Standalone\localhost\myApp\Proc\getuserinfo_jsp.java:332:
cannot resolve symbol symbol  : class ClientData
location: class org.apache.jsp.getuserinfo_jsp
      ClientData client = null;
      ^

An error occurred at line: 12 in the jsp file: /Proc/getuserinfo.jsp

The code generating the error is:

<jsp:useBean id="client" class="ClientData" scope="session"/>

I've placed my class files in the "C:\Tomcat4\shared\classes" as-well-as the
"C:\Tomcat4\webapps\MyApp\WEB-INF\classes directory".  can someone tell me
why my bean is not being recognized?

- any help greatly appreciated!