From: Lajos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Virtual Hosting Tomcat

Ouch, windows. I'm not too sure - maybe someone else can provide the
info. On older versions, you could edit some file like lmhosts ...

I like fronting Tomcat with Apache for security reasons, but I still use
virtual hosts in Tomcat. I have no idea why you are running out of
memory - how much RAM do you have? It may be due to your applications
more than Tomcat itself.

Regards,

Lajos

Sangam Dash wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the mail.
> But do you know how to do that on windows machine?
> The other thing is that when i add this one to the server.xml file the
> tomcat runs out of memory and it gives premature end of file error
> sometimes. :-[
> Is it better to have apache and tomcat both configured for this kind of
> situations? :-\
> Thanks a lot
> Sangam Dash :-)
> Lajos wrote:
>
>> Hi Sangam -
>>
>> Looks like the examples from my FlashGuide ;) What doesn't work? One
>> thing that you must make sure is that the values of the name attribute
>> of the <Host> resolve to your machine. You can do this via your
>> machine's DNS configuration. In the example below, mydomain0.com,
>> mydomain1.com and mydomain2.com must resolve to the same machine. If
>> not, the example won't work.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Lajos
>>

>> Sangam Dash wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am using tomcat for my websites.
>>> I am not using apache.
>>> I need to do have two websites running from the same machine with
>>> the
>>> same tomcat instance.
>>> i didnt get any help on the net as everything for virtual hosting  is
>>> with apache and tomcat combination.
>>> is it possible to server two different websites from same machine
>>> using only tomcat?
>>> please help me out
>>>
>>> I tried the following
>>> but it doesnt work
>>>
>>> added this following to the server.xml file
>>> <Host name="mydomain0.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>>> unpackWARs="true">
>>>       <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>>> directory="logs" prefix="mydomain0." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="" docBase="mydomain0" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="/test" docBase="mydomain0" debug="0"
>>> reloadable="true"/>
>>>   </Host>
>>>   <Host name="mydomain1.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>>> unpackWARs="true">
>>>       <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>>> directory="logs" prefix="mydomain1." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="" docBase="mydomain1" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="/test" docBase="mydomain1" debug="0"
>>> reloadable="true"/>
>>>   </Host>
>>>   <Host name="mydomain2.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>>> unpackWARs="true">
>>>       <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>>> directory="logs" prefix="mydomain2." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="" docBase="mydomain2" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
>>>       <Context path="/test" docBase="mydomain2" debug="0"
>>> reloadable="true"/>
>>>   </Host>    i appreciate any kind of help ...
> [...]

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL

---