Learning by teaching, here...

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:10:03PM -0500, Xiongfei Wang wrote:
> I guess I need separate server.xml for each virtual host. Can anybody
> give some suggestions or point to some website i can set up
> multiple server.xml for each virtual host?

No, you don't need a separate server.xml for each virtual
host.  You can structure your server.xml like so (carved out
of my Apache 1.3 / mod_jk / Tomcat 4.0 setup):

<Server port="8005">
  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
    <Engine name="Standalone">

      <Host name="myvirtualhost1">
            <Context path="" docBase="/pathto/host1" >
            </Context>
      </Host>

      <Host name="myvirtualhost">
            <Context path="" docBase="/pathto/host" >
            </Context>
      </Host>

    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Then in apache's httpd.conf you have some:

<VirtualHost myvirtualhost1>
  DocumentRoot /pathto/host1
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost myvirtualhost>
  DocumentRoot /pathto/host
  JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
</VirtualHost>

Now myvirtualhost1/index.jsp is different than
myvirtualhost/index.jsp.

You can also have additional apps

            <Context path="/app1" docBase="/pathto/localapps/app1" >
            </Context>

and then:

  Alias /app1 "/pathto/localapps/app1"
  JkMount /app1/*.jsp ajp13

However, if you make /pathto/localapps your appBase, Tomcat
will automatically configure all the apps under there for
each <Host/> with that appBase.  (So don't do that.)