I want to create multiple contexts for a single server using the same
port on Tomcat 4.1.18.  I need to accomplish this through multiple
config (server.xml) files.  I read an post about being able to do this
by creating files matching the pattern "server-*.xml".  I created a
server-test.xml file with a new context but it is not available.  Should
this work?  I effectively want the following behavior:

  server.xml:

  <Service>
    <Engine>
      <Host>
        <Context path="/a" docBase="app1" unpackWARs="true" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
        <Context path="/b" docBase="app2" unpackWARs="true" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

But, I want to accomplish this through two files:

  server-a.xml:

  <Service>
    <Engine>
      <Host>
        <Context path="/a" docBase="app1" unpackWARs="true" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

  server-a.xml:

  <Service>
    <Engine>
      <Host>
        <Context path="/b" docBase="app2" unpackWARs="true" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />
      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

The apps should be available as:

    http://localhost:8080/a
    http://localhost:8080/b

Is this possible?  If so, I assume all attributes of service, engine and
host would have to match?  Or are them cumulative?

Thanks,

Steve