since the small footprint, have them run it on their own computers :)

Filip

-----Original Message-----
From: Lajos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 1:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: server-*.xml

Right, but a headache to change ports for each installation and god help
you if you don't set CATALINA_HOME right when you bounce your own
server. I know - I have three instances running on a client machine and
I keep getting confused and bringing down the production instance much
to the annoyance of my users ...

To add to the post from Will, you can create separate directories under
the <Host> appBase, one for each developer. Then, the developers just
drop in the XML descriptor files in the appBase directory, and point the
<Context>s to the right places in their own directory structure. One
thing to consider is that you might want to point your <Host> appBase to
  root of your development directory structure, rather than having your
developers work within the Tomcat directory structure. Messy, yucky, bad.

Lajos

Filip Hanik wrote:
> I totally agree with John,
> Tomcat has such a small footpring, so it doesn't make sense sharing one between
>developers,
> you are only creating overhead for yourself and others in your org.
>
> Filip

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL