I have to say that, while the webapp concept is nice in many respects, it's really not
adequate for large, complex applications with multiple component modules.  It
certainly makes the simple, most common case far more manageable than it was before,
but there are some projects (probably a growing number) for which the single-unit
webapp model doesn't quite cut it, and those of us building systems like that are
constantly struggling against the limitations of the servlet spec. :-\

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863