You shouldn't put anything in your finalize() method, it's a bad practice
because it can cause issues with the jvm's gc.

In your case, you should implement connection and treat the connection just
like normal with JDBC access.  In your own connection, keep a reference to
your connection cache and then when you call connection.close(), it should
call a method to return itself to the connection cache, or it's internal
"actual" connection.

-Jacob