I assume you are agreeing with me, and Hannes ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 1:59 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Script for checking remote server

Monitoring the process table with ps doesn't tell you if your application is
available.  It just tells you if the OS thinks your application (Tomcat) is
running.

To remotely monitor/test a web application, your monitor application must
make a full HTTP/HTTPS request and check the content returned as the
response for an indicator that all is well.  Anything else is false
security.

John