Thats like comparing apples to cowbells. The DNS caching issue is part of the java.net package. (Actually, the sun classes which implement that) So anything which relies on java.net has this issue. This issue has nothing to do with session or application scope.

More information:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/net/properties.html
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=37&thread=362442&tstart=0&trange=15

-Tim