Your jdk is installed at c:\jdk1.4.1 but your echo says c:\jdk1.4
Is that a typo?

Denise Mangano wrote:

Thanks everyone for answering.  I changed my JAVA_HOME to c:\jdk1.4.1 and
restarted Tomcat.  I still get the same error.

The exact error in the log file is: Unable to find a javac
compiler;com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath. Perhaps JAVA_HOME
does not point to the JDK

echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\jdk1.4

In my PATH I have: %JAVA_HOME%\bin

I'm at a loss - the only other thing I can think of is the fact that I am
trying to access the java compiler from a different partition could be
causing this?  I don't see why it should but then again I've seen stranger
things happen...  What boggles my mind even further is that at the command
prompt I cahnge to G:\tomcat and I try javac test.java and it gives me no
error messages, but no class file is compiled.

Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.