> does anyone have a good example using a javabean to establish connection
> a datebase.  im trying to figure out the best way to reuse code.  i can
try
> one of the following methods:

Check out test java files that came with mysql or postgres. I know mysql has
one. You can
easily covert it for your own use.

> 1: i dont use javabeans and put all my connetion and queries inside the
jsp
> pages.  So if i query the database three times in one jsp page, i have 3
> duplications.

I don't really like the idea of using jsp. Simplify it by using include or
do a jsp function, if you are not doing it.

> 2: is what im trying to do is make a general java bean that makes
connection
> and puts the recordset into a hash table.

Humm. Never done it. But get recordset from sql query than put the entire
object into hastable with key using a hashtable's put and get. Shouldn't be
hard to do it. Read about hashtable in javadoc. GL. Any reason, why you want
to put rs into hashtable.

henry