Any JPDA-compliant debugger can do this.  NetBeans is one example.  You simply specify
the "Attach to remote server" option (different debuggers will name this differently),
and specify the host where your JVM is running on, "dt_socket" connections, and the
address.  You'll probably want to have your application source code and/or Tomcat's
source code mounted in the project (so you'll have something to set breakpoints on).