I have tomcat working with apache using mod_jk.

This is the line I have in the httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.28>
        DocumentRoot /myapp/index.html
        ServerName 192.168.1.28
        JkMount /* ajp13
        ServerAdmin gaston
        CustomLog /home/gaston/access_log "special"
</VirtualHost>

everything works well while I'm inside the intranet. But then we've tried to
put it to the internet, therefore we configured the firewall to map a public
ip adress to our private one. And this didn't work, when you try to access
to myapp from client through the internet the client machine answers with
"gateway timeout". However, it still works inside the intranet¿?