Yep: Done correctly, this is probably the more 'correct' solution, but,
and I'm probably opening myself to a lot of flamebait, but I do suspect
that using something like Xvfb might give some advantages that using
headless won't. For example, and I'm just guessing, but I think that
'headless' is purely a software solution, while Xvfb might be connected
to your display adaptor, and therefor might be faster or less of a drain
on your system resources.

{
But, like I said, I have no documentation to back up this statement,
this is purely a guess and based on my personal findings: If anybody
else knows differently, I would be very interested to know more, as I'm
doing a lot more graphics orientated servlets, that usually run on
headless boxes }