From: p niemandt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 March 2003 21:47
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can't connect to X11 window server using '0:0' as the value
ofthe display and now java.awt.HeadlessException

Yep: Done correctly, this is probably the more 'correct' solution, but, and I'm probably opening myself to a lot of flamebait, but I do suspect that using something like Xvfb might give some advantages that using headless won't. For example, and I'm just guessing, but I think that 'headless' is purely a software solution, while Xvfb might be connected to your display adaptor, and therefor might be faster or less of a drain on your system resources.

{
But, like I said, I have no documentation to back up this statement,
this is purely a guess and based on my personal findings: If anybody
else knows differently, I would be very interested to know more, as I'm
doing a lot more graphics orientated servlets, that usually run on
headless boxes }