On Thursday 03 April 2003 10:46, Richard Dunn wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2003 10:00, Peter H. wrote:
> > Would be nice hint if sun's jvm runs under debian...heard it doesn't
> > You know about this rumor?
>
> It has been > 1 year since I last used Debian, so I am not aware of this
> rumor. I hope it is not the case. I have been using the above configuration
> (except NOT as JNI) on Redhat 8, and SUSE 8 and have had no problems.

Whoops. Clarification needed - other than JNI the above worked for me, except
I went back to the Sun j2sdk1.4.1_02 for performance reasons. The
functionality seemed to be fine on the IBM, just slower. My applications use
a lot of XML, but I don't seem to have noticeable problems with the memory
leaks I see reported on the Sun 1.4.1 JDK . I may not have the number of hits
on my applications to cause the problems, although at least one of my sites
gets 5000 hits per day, all processing XML.

 I am suprised with the relative slower performance of the IBM JDK 1.4.0 as
the IBM 1.3 JDK seemed to be faster than Sun's 1.3 for my applications.