Have you maybe got some old entries in your CLASSPATH? Make sure you purge any
of the old settings from the environment variables, then if it still won't
work try a reboot, Windows seems to like being rebooted.

If only a reboot would fix my own memory...

On Sat, 31 May 2003 06:13, Tom Heiber-Cobb wrote:
> Robert/Jason,
> Thanks very much to you both.
> Indeed, the reg setting was pointing to the old jdk. Changing it did the
> trick.
> Now the server is initializing and bringing up the standare index page
> but I'm getting HTTP Status 500 error pages for jsp requests.
> The stderr.log is reporting:
> "Unable to find a javc compiler:
>   com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
>   Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK"
>
> I do have JAVA_HOME set to C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02 which is the install folder
> for the jdk.
> I probably would have done well to uninstall the old jdk.
> Anyway, I'm farther along and again, thanks for the help
> -- Tom H-C
>
> Robert Priest wrote:
> > Have you checked the registry setting to make sure it is not using the
> > older version?
> >
> > check:
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\${SERVICE_NAME}\Para
> >met ers

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]